Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I’ve a double drop end oak framed chesterfield settee ,I’m

Customer Question

I’ve a double drop end oak framed chesterfield settee ,I’m just wondering if there is any value attached to it please
JA: The Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: It’s old how much I’m not sure. It was in a house for many years and traded in for a new suite ive had it thirty years and had been in the previous owners t family for many generations we had it upholstered years ago ,and the person was keen to purchase it .
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: Hardley used but my grandson inked on the cover so would need redoing .
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: not that I can think of at the mo it’s a very solid piece of furniture .
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 12 days ago.

Hi there, my name is Glenda
.
I hope you and yours are doing well. Is it possible you can send me some images?

If so see instructions below!

.
Use the small blue document icon with the up arrow, down on the bottom of the page where you write back to me to add pictures.

It might be blocked by an offer banner, close that and you'll see the blue icon.
It works best if you add one picture, write a word in the text area, send, then do the next photo.
.
Or the blue camera icon if you are on mobile

.
If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
https://www.justanswer.com/help/search?f=how+to+add+photos
.
You can also call this number for help with photos 1(###) ###-####br/>.
Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the message area. https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
.

At last resort, you can email them! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to,***@******.***, in the subject line put "Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered on justanswer with, so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

I have not heard back from you about an image.

researching these I found that they are valued at 900.00-950.00 GBP if in good condition

Glenda