Julie
Julie, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Licensed auctioneer for 10 years. I have been buying and selling antiques for over 40 years.
28877952

I have some books that I am looking to find out if they are

Customer Question

I have some books that I am looking to find out if they are worth anything
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Are the pages, cover, and spine in good condition?
Customer: yes
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the book is? Is it a first edition?
Customer: its a collection of different books
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Julie replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is Julie. I would like to help evaluate your books today. Do you have photos? Experts here usually do only a few items at a time. Please send up to 3 books on this thread.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you very much - I will send each book with a few photos now
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Book 2: Plain Tales from the Hill
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Book 3: The Anthology of Modern Verse
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Book 4: The Golden Bough
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Book 5: Walter De la Mere
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Those are the few I have managed to take photos of already
I look forward to hearing back from you
Expert:  Julie replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. It may take a little time for me to research, but I will be back to you as soon as possible with your answers.

Your patience is appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not to worry - Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it!
Expert:  Julie replied 3 months ago.

The 1st book Collected poems sells online for $110.

Your 2nd book Plain Tales is $30

3rd book Anthology of Modern Verse is $65

4th book Golden Bough is one of a two book series. If you had both books, I see them for sale at $3000 for the set.

5th Walter De la Mere is $35.

I just went ahead and did all of them for you since you were patient about the process.

Happy to help you any time! Just start a new question thread https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/appraiser-Julie/

Have a wonderful day! If you would, please take a moment to give me a 5 star rating if you feel I have treated you as a 5 star customer today.

Julie

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you very much for this - do you have any advice as to where the best place to sell them is?
Expert:  Julie replied 3 months ago.

Ebay would give you your best shot at competitive bidding on these books. You could try locally on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace as well. Or, you could contact a local auctioneer who would sell them for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay thank you very much for your help
Expert:  Julie replied 3 months ago.

most welcome.