Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I just wondered the value of a book, the spine has peeled

Customer Question

I just wondered the value of a book
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Are the pages, cover, and spine in good condition?
Customer: the spine has peeled away on one side
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the book is? Is it a first edition?
Customer: im not sure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 days ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert Thank you for your help and patience,Nicola – Moderator
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 9 days ago.

Hi there, my name is Glenda
.
I hope you and yours are doing well. Is it possible you can send me some images?

If so see instructions below!

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:
.
Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.
.
Use the tiny blue square with an arrow or the paper clip symbol
to browse your device for a photo. Add one at a time.

.
It might be blocked by an offer banner, close that and you'll see the blue icon.
.
It works best if you add one picture, write a word in the text area, send, then do the next photo.
.
Or the blue camera icon if you are on mobile:
.
On your phone's web browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Explorer, or Firefox) go to

www.justanswer.com> then log in>then My Questions> you will see this chat there and be able to see the photo icons

App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

.
If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
https://www.justanswer.com/help/search?f=how+to+add+photos
.
You can also call this number for help with photos 1(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 8 days ago.

I have not heard back from you on this, please send images if you still want help

Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 7 days ago.

I have not heard back from you I cannot answer not knowing what you have so I will opt out

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 7 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 5 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator