Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a selection of spoons, wondering whether they are

Hi, I have a selection of spoons, wondering whether they are worth anything, also a silver cigarette box. We have been emptying my late father's house. Thank you
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the spoon have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: Yes they do
JA: Do you know how old the spoon is? What condition is it in?
Customer: Well to be honest I haven't cleaned them yet, and wouldn't like to say, really not sure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Spoons probably about 20, the cigarette box has got 'granted by the cutlers co. 1836, viners of sheffield' on it
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can I send you some photos
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator

Good Morning

Thank you for choosing Just Answer

If your spoons are Sterling Silver on average they are valued at 25.00-40.00 GBP depending on the size. If elaborately decorated then slightly higher in value 45.00 and up. The sterling Silver Cigarette box is valued at 70.00-75.00

If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.

Etsy is a great site. There is also craigslist locally which is free. Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

.
I hope you have a good day.
.
It was a pleasure working for you.
.

Have ANOTHER ITEM ( Do not add new item to this answered question )
click Ask this Expert another Question, then write FOR GLENDA ONLY or
USE THIS LINK: www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-glenda-b/?rpt=21004
YOU MUST TYPE/WRITE THESE EXACT WORDS, FOR GLENDA ONLY
.

I strive to provide the best 5 start service possible, if you have any questions feel free asking me.

Bonuses are also welcome! Many ask where to leave bonuses, adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer
Glenda

Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.