Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am having a clear out at my late mothers house and she has

Hello I am having a clear out at my late mothers house and she has 2 Asian/Oriental carved soapstone figures that I am wondering if they are of any value? She has had them 60 years anyway to my knowledge. They are approx 4.5 inches tall and 4 inches wide, hollow inside but quite heavy.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: just that my Mum has had them 60 years and I don't know where she got them. They are pretty ugly.
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: Excellent
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: not really other than despite being hollow they are quite heavy

This isCustomer Welcome to justanswer.com.

UPLOAD pictures of the item (the front and all writing
on back or bottom if there is any)

Use the tiny blue square with an arrow or the paper clip symbol
to browse your device for a photo. Add one at a time.

I hope to give real-time responses but there are
occasions where I take a bit longer.
I will always respond to you as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi I have attached 2 photos I do have more but can't seem to attach just now
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi I really don't want to pay more than the £5 suggested on the opening page as they may well worthless and I am still getting over paying for the funeral so really can't spend much just now so sorry lets just cancel this for the moment until I am in a better place

I cant open zip files. Please upload jpg files and I can help./

Will you be able to add photos?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (L3M7QL5)

These are 1910 to 1930s Chinese carved soapstone immortal figurines (two of the eight immortals of Chinese folklore) valued at 85GBP each.

SELLING SUGGESTIONS
Here are suggestions for selling if that is your plan for this item:
Facebook Marketplace, NextDoor.com, Webstore.com, Varagesale.com,
Offerup.com, and 5miles.com, GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.

To save the work of selling on your own, go to invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, gotoauction.com or auctionzip.com
and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

HAVE MORE ITEMS?
Start over on the www.justanswer.com website (do not add more in this chat).
PLEASE be sure to physically write the two words "FORCustomerquot; in the description there.

I specialize in fine and costume jewelry, porcelain, lamps, books, pottery, glass, furniture,
mid-century modern, art, coins,
silver, gold, figurines, clocks, watches, toys, pocket watches, musical items, and dolls.

HOW DID I DO?
The option to leave a bonus comes up right after completing the rating survey.
Then it quickly disappears.
I would be grateful for the consideration.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much I didn’t realise the reply would be so detailed . I have lots more stuff to clear . I am happy to pay you a fee I was just a bit concerned not having used the site before and I don’t have much spare cash until I can sell some bits and bobs . Thank you

You are so welcome, I am so glad that I could help.

Just go to justanswer.com and write AskCustomer/strong> in the boss there (not here) for another item.