ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

How would you know an original painting of loch lomond by w.

How would you know an original painting of loch lomond by w collins.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Is there any info on the back of the painting, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: It is in an old frame and haven't opened the back
JA: Do you know how old the painting is? What condition is it in?
Customer: Not sure but it was my grandmothers . It looks fairly good, frame was hand painted at some stage.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not now

Thanks! Happy to help! (Please note: I don't participate in phone call requests)
A picture would be very helpful as I need a bit more information.
You can attach a photo by clicking on the Blue Document Icon by the Red Send Button;
https://www.justanswer.com/help/search?f=send+photo

Hello! A moderator requested that I assist without a photo. While JustAnswer has requested experts assist with all questions, I cannot provide a complete evaluation with the information provided. In absence of a photo I likely cannot provide specific guidance and comparable-supported values. But can provide general information.

These paintings were done in the 1940s by W. Collins and today they sell for around 200 pounds each. I've attached a comparable of another nice framed work of the loch by the artist of the loch of the period.

Again, thank you and please let me know if I may be of further help with this question.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That is the picture I have , maybe ours is just a print.. thank you for your help.

My pleasure!