joannad330
joannad330,
Experience:  Expert
112148115

Stamps -- used Chinese and Mongolian, on envelopes -- dated

Stamps -- used Chinese and Mongolian, on envelopes -- dated 1928 (Chinese 1927-32) . Any likely interest?
JA: What would you like to learn about the item?
Customer: Some idea of the rough value, or if worth keeping them and handing them on to my kids. (I'm 90!)
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: They are old envelopes -- stamped by Chinese post office quite heavily at times -- have many siuch envelopes.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't think so -- this is a general enqujiry about a large number -- I haven't detauls, so just looking for a general idea.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thank you for your help and patience,
Alina - Moderator

Hello. It is a tricky question because every single stamp has a different value and not many experts have knowledge about stamps, it does require a lot of research. I know for a fact that certain Chinese stamps are very desirable, I am sending you the link to a professional website where they display all rare Chinese stamps with approximate value, check the list, and have a look at your stamps if you have a rare stamp (or stamps). Please check this website: https://www.sandafayre.com/china-stamps?g=1  Now when it comes to collecting stamps as an investment, I am afraid that the new generation is less and less interested in collecting stamps. I hope my answer will help you. If you need any more help please let me know. Kind Regards.Joanna V.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dear Joanna V -- Thank you so much for your reply. I am afraid you are right -- the current generations are not so keen on hobbies which require a lot of time and patience. Thank you for the website, and that will enable me to enquire further. Best wishes, John L

Kind Regards. Joanna

joannad330,
Experience: Expert