joannad330
joannad330,
Experience:  Expert
112148115

I have a Limoges tea and coffee set with coffee jug sugar

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Limoges tea and coffee set with coffee jug sugar pot and tea pot. I have tried to search Limoges but cannot find any other design like it. How can I get it valued in the UK? I can attach a photo
JA: You can share images and other files once you're connected with the Antiques Appraiser. Does the tea pot have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. The set is with my father, so only got one photo at present
JA: Do you know how old the tea pot is? What condition is it in?
Customer: It's all in excellent condition. My gran was French and born in 1898.... I think it was a family set
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not at the moment I should have taken photos of the bottoms I guess.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  joannad330 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, May I ask for the pictures of the coffee set and of the botom with visable maker`s mark. Many Thanks.Joanna V.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How can I send the pictures
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry I do not have enough funds to call at the moment

That is ok. No problem. Get back to me with pictures as soon as you can. Limoges is known for fine-quality porcelain. With additional pictures (especially of the bottom) I will be able to date your set which is very important when it comes to appraisal. We need to establish how old is your set.

Unfortunately, I didn`t get the pictures. I will try to answer your question to my best ability without a photo. Limoges is a very good quality porcelain maker. As you know it is French and their china dates back to the 18th century. Prices vary but Victorian coffee/tea set, hand-painted, can fetch high prices, at least a few hundred pounds. From the information, you provided your set is a 3-piece. It could be worth £200 or over. I cannot give you more information because I cannot see your set. Perhaps ask your father for photos ( bottom is very important because it bears maker`s mark) and send them back to us for a more precise valuation.

Kind Regards. Joanna

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry no option to add photos. It is a blue black and gold balloon design.

yes, I understand but without images, I cannot help you further. Limoges had 27 china factories, all bear different marks, all had different designers over the years hence the maker`s mark is very important as well as the image of your tea set. Maybe in the near future when you`ll be able to visit your father, you can make some pictures and we will give you proper valuation.