joannad330
joannad330,
Experience:  Expert
112148115

I have an 8 volume set of “Wilson’s Tales of the Borders”

Customer Question

I have an 8 volume set of “Wilson’s Tales of the Borders” dated 1888. I would like to know if they have any value and if so, how I would be best realising that value?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Are the pages, cover, and spine in good condition?
Customer: Yes, all volumes are in good condition for their age, the spines are solid and the gold edging is still clear. There are no dust jackets on any of the books though
JA: Do you know if your copy is a first edition?
Customer: How would. I know that? There is nothing saying first edition so I am guessing not
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: i don’t think so
Category: Antiques
Expert:  joannad330 replied 9 months ago.

Hello. I am Joanna and I am working on your questition.

Wilson Tales can fetch up to over £400. Can you send me book publisher?

I understand your books are Victorian, individual books can fetch over £20. Hence 8 books can bring at least £160. Hope that helps. Joanna

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Joanna. What’s the best way of selling these? I don’t want to go down the eBay route if it is not the best
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the publisher is ***** ***** (no, not that one I assume)

No, I never recommend eBay. I have a little shop on Etsy and if you wish to sell them online I would suggest the Etsy market. but..The best way is to find a local auction house and put them at specialize auction for example "books & stamps". Your books deserve better than ebay.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Many thanks Joanna, really appreciate the advice

Always happy to help! All the best. Joanna