joannad330
joannad330,
Experience:  Expert
112148115

I have a staples and co bed circa 1930 and it has the

I have a staples and co bed circa 1930 and it has the folding mattress and still has the staples paper disc, what would it be worth
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the bed have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: Lanbel with makers to the king is attached
JA: What condition is the bed in?
Customer: Pretty good, mattress is solid wood and still has the linen cover
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: has the frame and the mattress

Hello. I am Joanna, your expert. May I ask for the images?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
First
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2nd
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
3rd
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Last

Thank you for the images. I am working on you question, it might take up to 10 minutes.

You are right, your bed dates from the early 1930s. Staples & Co is one of the most respected quality bed makers in Brittain. It has a solid structure and I love the condition. Antique beds are popular again at auctions because they look smart, are durable, and perfectly usable. I would value your bed between £ 300 - £400.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, I’ll have to get it sold

I would suggest sellingantiques.co.uk because you can sell your bed at retail price, auction estimates are usually lower.

Many Thanks for using Just Answer! Joanna