joannad330
joannad330,
Experience:  Expert
112148115

I have some dolls with china faces, hands, feet. Don't

Hi - I have some dolls with china faces, hands, feet. Don't believe they are porcelain and don't believe they are antique. How is best to get them valued pls?
JA: Hi there. Is there a marking on the doll's neck or foot?
Customer: No there isn't
JA: Do you know how old the doll is? What condition is it in?
Customer: At least 30 yrs old. I really can't remember where I got them. There are 3 all white and blue
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Sorry I don't know. I could send a photo if that would help

Hello. My name is***** am antiques expert. Please send me few images.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Joanna - Where do I send the images?

Click on the paper clip symbol to upload images from your device.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
mom please - just uploading

ok

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry but where is the paper clip symbol?

it is in the toolbox where you type your message to me. If you are having trouble uploading images, (some customers do.)..I can give you my personal email...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm not seeing the clip symbol on my device. It may be easier to send them directly on email

I wish I was on your side to help you :)  my personal email:***@******.***. Allow me 15 minutes to open email, examine pictures and I will get back to you asap.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
do I - ha ha. I'll send them over now.

Great! :)

Thank you for the images! I agree with you, these are not Victorian dolls.  I would date your dolls to around the 1940s -1950s. Without a maker`s mark, it is hard to connect them with a particular manufacturer. I still think they have some value, first of all, they are in very good condition, fully dressed, quirky faces. If you wish to sell, don`t split them up, sell three of them as a lot. It might bring more profit. In my opinion, your dolls are worth between £100 - £150.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you - do you mean each or as a three, the value £100-£150?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where is the best place to try sell them pls? EBay, FB market place? This is a first for me.

I mean three for £150. I have antiques shop at Etsy and it is the best place to achieve the highest price for your dolls. but....The antiques auction can be surprising: if two people like your dolls they might exceed my estiamte.

So I would suggest Etsy or your local auction house.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you I'll look into that.

My pleasure to help!