ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I have an old book called Attempt at a Catologue of the

Customer Question

i have an old book called Attempt at a Catologue of the Library of the late Prince Louis-Lucien Bonaparte.It is enscribed inside with a message from Clemence Bonaparte to my Great Grandmother Laura who was married to Louis Clovis Bonaparte. the hard cover isn't in such good order but the crest is all perfectly in tact. Would you be able to give me any idea of how i could sell it and what I could expect for it please.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Are the pages, cover, and spine in good condition?
Customer: Every bit is good except the front cover is separating from the spine.
JA: Do you know how old the book is? Is it a first edition?
Customer: 1894 but not sure if it is a first edition. With our Bonaparte connections it could well be.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't think so. the photos will tell you more.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am happy to wait . Thank you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thank you for your help and patience,
Nicola – Moderator
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your patience! This is a rare book that sells for 300 to 400 pounds from antique booksellers!

BONAPARTE (Prince Louis-Lucien). COLLINS (Victor)

Attempt at a Catalogue of the Library of the Late Prince Louis-Lucien Bonaparte.

Henry Sotheran & Co, 1894.