GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have a big collection of antiques that include stamps from

Customer Question

I have a big collection of antiques that include stamps from Cuba, Spain etc. They belong to the world war 1 & 2
JA: What would you like to learn about the collection?
Customer: I would like to know the prices of the items I have and how much I should sell them for, and where can I sell them at the best prices.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the collection in?
Customer: The collection is in quite good condition, there is only one stamp damaged and everything else is very good, clear and colorful
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I also have a leather bag with it. It belonged to my grandfather, includes stamps from Cuba, Germany, China, US, Poland, Hungary, czechoslovakia & Spain.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 11 days ago.

Just a few words of advice here. Still typing..

Sadly the stamp market has really collapsed in the last few years with there being less and less collectors. As with all valuations, your stamps need to be looked at first hand and even if you include some pictures, any valuation that I attempted would be suspect because one or two very specialised stamps would evade detection without first hand inspection. By all means sen one or two photos but I would strongly recommend involving a stamp specialist straight away. Even though I have dealt in antiques for years, I have to seek the advice of experts on some things and especially stamps. I can recommend

Epsom Stamp Co

01372 720  051

Email:   *****@******.***

You will find them very helpful I think. Hope that helps. Stay in touch. Greg

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Greg. So I contacted the email you sent me and they told me that he had no interest on those type of stamps since he only trades British Commonwealth. Is there any other contact you may know?

I think that you are going to find that most dealers and auction houses see the value of stamps mostly in those associated with Britain. If I were you I would still contact your nearest general auction house and also do a Yell search for stamp dealers in your area. I am in North West London so am not really going to be able to help with seeing them first hand. Sorry. Greg