Dr-Caravaggio
Dr-Caravaggio, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  Art Historian, Certified Appraiser, Curator, Fmr. Museum Director
111234466

I am looking for a valuation on a very large painting of

Customer Question

I am looking for a valuation on a very large painting of mine by Edwin Straker, it is 37inches by 49 inches. I understand it is called Waterlillies...
Kathryn
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** keep trying to get a response
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Any response?
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 8 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Dr-Caravaggio replied 8 days ago.

Hello. I’m Art & Antiques ExpertCustomerwith extensive experience in all kinds of antiques and art appraisals. I will be happy to assist you with your query, which was forwarded to me today.

This large oil on board painting of water lilies by British artist Edwin Straker (1921 - 2011) was auctioned for 70 GBP (hammer price - excluding buyer's premium) in 2019 by Warren & Wignall in Leyland, Lancashire.

Reference:

https://www.warrenandwignall.co.uk/catalogue/lots/D0107895DF0F0B7D35BD75CAE93ACFB8157E10A977B415AF89D4D489EEB00F25/2A29640469B1A3702BD4742F312B842A/antique-collectors-sale-lot-86/?d&action=2

Needless to say a new valuation for this painting has to consider this recent auction result, therefore the approximate estimated value is 120 to 150 USD at the moment. But as owner it's also your prerogative to ask for a higher price, let's say 200 to 250 USD.

Further information about the artist's biography is available here:

https://artistscollectingsociety.org/members/edwin-straker/

I hope this has helped you get a better sense of your item.

Thank you very much for your consultation request.