GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

Greg - I have taken photo’s of the pictures (re: last

Hi Greg - I have taken photo’s of the pictures (re: last conversation) and I have also included the hand made Japanese picture that was made fir me in 2015 as a thank you.
Shall I send them now???Dee

Please send any pictures that I may be able to help with. Greg

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Pictures coming now!!
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (SGSP755)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (75PSTP7)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This lady pic seems to have a grain in the background that could be some kind of hessian
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This one was made fir me in 2015 as a thank you.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have two other large prints that I think are just that no markings on them at all that I have had for 30 years.

Please could you wait till the morning for me to finish this as I have been on a very long phone call and frankly am tired. Best wishes. Greg

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
of course Greg - no problem at all. Have a good evening.. As it is the Bank Holiday coming up - would you like to leave it until Tuesday?

Just coming back to your questions.

The first (batik) picture has a very nominal value  £10/20

The Reilly is a signed print I am sure and not an original. They can be sourced from Cherry Tree Lodge in Scotland  01383 851 059. Since they sell them from a base price of £25 - not framed I guess - a realistic value of your framed and pencil signed print might be £80 or so - depending where you sell it.

The rather Edwardian picture in the gilt frame is most likely a print. It is not glazed and so is not water colour. Therefore oil or print. An oil painting would not look this fresh and also (please check) would feel very uneven because the oil has a distinct thickness that your fingers would feel as you gently touch them over the surface - and the raised parts would follow the definition of the picture. Even that test can be a little misleading because makers sometimes print onto paper with exactly those raised elements. The back of the picture can then sometimes be canvas with the paper stuck on the front. If you wish to add a photo of the back, I will look at it.

A nicely framed print such as yours is probably worth £30/£40.

The Japanese picture is cute but not worth any more than the Batik example. Hope that helps a bit. Greg