GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have lots of special events £2 coins and want to get them

Customer Question

Hi I have lots of special events £2 coins and want to get them valued
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the coin is? What condition is it in?
Customer: they date from 2000 upwards
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: they have misprints on them
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This one of them
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The Word pound is half missing and they is 3 more Errors
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
These are just some of the ones we have got
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for your excellent photos. Generally speaking, such items first hand- especially the ones that are mis-strikes. It can be very hard to put specific values upon some coins because by their nature, the ones that escaped the mint with errors or faults are rare and there are not always examples to compare them to. For this reason when I have such coins, I seek the advice of experts who are far more likely to have something to compare things to. Still typing..

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
can someone value the coins for me face to face

By far the best advice - and a place to sell if you wish is Spinks. They are the country's leading authority on coin valuation and they get the best prices for coins.

Spinks London   0207(###) ###-#### They will be open on Monday morning. They will not charge for valuing your coins.

Although I have been in the antique trade for 40 years, I would myself be seeking their advice on these modern coins because some can be quite valuable but the differences between rare and therefore valuable coins and the ones that are just face value can be very subtle and frankly a bit confusing. If Spinks tell you that something is GOOD then that valuation will stand up to any questioning. Hope that helps. Greg

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help

Firstly I suggest that you forward some pictures to Spinks. They will probably then give you a general summary of what you have. Obviously anyone who is going to buy them will wish to see them in person but your initial enquiry should tell you whether it would be worth your time in travelling to get them looked at. What area are you in please?