GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have 2 wing backed chairs a a settee from the 1920s how

I have 2 wing backed chairs a a settee from the 1920s how can I find the value if any
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the chair in?
Customer: Ok for 100 years Old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: i don’t think so. How much does this service cost ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
All items are the same as this
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expect the other chair has an original seat cushion
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also have some pillows that I think are original
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Here’s one of 4
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is the seat cushion on the other chair

Just having a look at your pictures. Is the upholstery leather, and if so is there any damage at all. Most leather of this age does tend to weaken and crack in places, showing the padding beneath.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
there is cracking on the arms, you can see it on the left arm of the first picture.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The back on the other chair is also deteriorating

It would be most unusual for leather of this age to be in any better condition than your chairs. I think that you should put them in a local auction. They are not without value. Whilst most old furniture is out of fashion, there is a tendency among some young (sometimes single) people furnishing their flats or first houses with this type of (still comfortable) easy furniture. My own daughter has a single leather armchair in her flat and she loves it. Beware though of the rules of auction houses regarding fireproofing of soft furnishings. If they will not accept your items then I still think that the right listing on Ebay or Etsy (buyer collect) would enable you to get something for the suite - or for individual items from the three. Still typing...

To help with your listing, the carved wood looks like oak and you would be right to call it a leather suite of the Art Deco period. Because there are young people who admire this sort of thing. Greg

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for the advise. The local caution house cannot take them for the reason you mentioned. Is it possible to find out any more about this furniture ? Could you point me in the right direction ?

Impossible for us to identify a manufacturer. We would describe it as 1920/1930s. Research into catalogues of suites from that period would no doubt discover very similar examples and with the leather covering and the carving, this was a very good quality suite. Sometimes (though rarely) close inspection of the underside of exposed woodwork will reveal stamps of manufacture and when these are found, it does enhance value. When my daughter was looking for a single armchair she expected to pay £80-£100 for something in your suite's condition. I wish that I could help more. Best wishes. Greg