GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

We are a charity that have been given some China dolls and

Hi we are a charity that have been given some China dolls and one of them is an EI Horsman 1924 doll with 1994 underneath is this of any value to us please
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Is there a marking on the doll's neck or foot?
Customer: yes there’s is on the back of the neck
JA: What condition is the doll in?
Customer: It seems in good condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don’t think so

Please forward one or two photos and I will help. Greg

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (SPVPSQ4)

Thanks. I presume that the doll has china or composition arms  and legs. All china/pottery  headed dolls have suffered a reduction in value as the generation that appreciated them and collected them has moved on. I cannot read the impressed marks on the rear of the head and sometimes mould numbers are mistaken for dates. By the middle if the 20th century, dolls heads had moved away from china into celluloid, plastic, or composition so your s (if it is china) is old enough to interest collectors. I don't find the face particularly appealing and you may find that it affects the price. If you wish to sell it in  a charity shop, you would need to ask more than £50 I think and if that seems excessive in the shop, enter her in a local auction and ask the auction house to reduce their commission in respect of your charity status. Nice touch that she has original? clothes. Greg

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is this one any better but that’s for the advice anyways & the hands & feet are

Yes these type of hands were used in mid 20th century dolls as well as more modern ones.  Greg

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We have 2 other dolls that have this name in the back of the neck but I think maybe they are modern copies

Compared to genuine late 19th century German and French china headed dolls All your dolls are relatively modern but they should still be saleable. The market in many traditional 'antiques' has fallen and dolls have suffered a reduction in popularity ant therefore price - but if your dolls are in good condition I think that you should try them in a charity shop - where sometimes people will pay more than the market price to assist the charity. Best wishes. Greg

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks got your advice