GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have a wardrobe, chest of drawers and dressing table set.

I have a wardrobe, chest of drawers and dressing table set. Possibly 1950/60’s? with a logo which has a white “K” in a black circle in the middle of the words LIFE and TIME on a banner with FURNITURE underneath. I cannot find anything resembling them on the internet.
JA: What would you like to learn about the furniture?
Customer: If it has any value before we throw it away
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the furniture in?
Customer: Generally good, a couple of scratches on side of one. Handles look a bit faded.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: There are tickets on the back of each with a number and then “Job,maker,pols,fit and KS” on each.

I will gladly advise you on your furniture if you can please send some photos. Greg

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (3637T21)

This plywood and veneered 'post war' (after 1940s) is the type of furniture that is virtually impossible to sell - other than to people who are desperate for furniture on a very low budget. There are stylish items from the 1960s that are beginning to go up in value. Some of the G Plan range and Ercol for instance. Your items are neither good enough quality nor do they represent their period well enough to appeal to people who understand mid 20th century style. I don't think that an auction house would want to sell them and the costs of delivery and commission would leave you with very little. Hardly worth photographing for an internet auction either. Sorry. I visit houses for valuations and to stock my shop and frankly I always leave such items behind. House clearance companies would most likel charge to take them away. I find the easiest way to transport such wardrobes is to 'flat pack' them. I hope you are not offended by my rather frank style but there is no point being other than direct. Best wishes. Greg

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Oh well, I guess it was worth checking. They will now be visiting the skip on the drive. Thanks. Very prompt.