joannad330
joannad330,
Experience:  Expert
112148115

I have some art that was left in my mum and dads house and

I have some art that was left in my mum and dads house and just want to know if they are worth anything
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Are there any unique markings or symbols on the piece?
Customer: There are some signatures on them
JA: Do you know how old the piece is? What condition is it in?
Customer: no idea on the age most of them are in ok condition it is the frame that might have a couple of knocks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no not that I can think of
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any value
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Signed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this one

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it’s fine

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your appraisal question.

The first painting is by William Haining, there is not much information about him. We know that he was Scottish, he specialized in landscape and still life art, his artwork does appear at auctions from time to time. This impressionistic interpretation of still life is very handsome, the current market value for painting number one is £300-£400. As for the second painting, please send me a close-up image of the signature.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here you go

Thank you for the images. I`ve checked the artist's database, auctions, artists encyclopedia and no one appears under that name. I presume he is an unknown British landscape artist, who never got any recognition nor he/she exhibited his/her works in any galleries. Despite this, I can still value your painting. It is quite charming, British mid-century impressionistic landscape scene. The current market value for a painting like yours by an unknown artist is £200-£250. Hope this helps. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Kind Regards: Just Answer expert: Joanna

joannad330,
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** go to a specific auction house with these?

Where do you live? I will recommend you a good auction house in your area.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oldham near Manchester

Try Bolton Auction Rooms https://www.boltonauction.co.uk/ or Adam Partridge, great auction house auction but he is based in Liverpool.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much

Bolton Auction Rooms number, 01204 775121.

My pleasure! Thank you...Joanna