Anna Behrendtzen
Anna Behrendtzen, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Jewelry Expert Gemologist (GIA)
110757732

I have a link bracelet marked Mexico 975. Is this silver

I have a link bracelet marked Mexico 975. Is this silver please?
JA: What would you like to learn about the bracelet? Do you know how old it is?
Customer: I have no idea of it's age. My husband bought it for me quite a few years ago, but if it's silver and really valuable I need to insure it
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the bracelet in?
Customer: Perfect
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No thank you just if it's silver and it's quite heavy so it's possible value for insurance

My name is ***** ***** I am a gemologist and I’d love to help you with your question!
However, I will need to see pictures of your items before I can offer information or a valuation. Please attach pictures using the information given here:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

If you have several jewelry items then start a new thread/request per item. If you write

'FOR ANNA' in headline the question comes to me.

(The system may ask you for a call, you can choose to have the call, but if you are not interested, you can just ignore it)

I might not be online when you have uploaded your photos, but I will get back to you as soon as I have a valuation or other questions for you.

Thank you in advance,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Anna. I've sent a photo of the bracelet. I got the number incorrect, it's 925. It also has two of the tiniest stamps on it but they're so small we can't even quess what they say through a magnifying glass! Thank you, ***** *****

I can not see any photos in this chat? Did you send them thru costumer service?

Without the information I requested I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. You can still upload photos even if the question is marked as completed. From what I understand 975 is 97.5% pure silver and is pretty rare. It is usually marked on only the finest silver jewelry. For a valuation please upload photos.

I hope this information was helpful!

I am happy to answer follow-up questions.

If you want to sell your item then here are a few suggestions:

Facebook Marketplace, NextDoor.com, Webstore.com, Varagesale.com

GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.

I strive to always provide five-star service, please let me know if you like more information about your item. As the assessment is made online and with the reservations and uncertainty it provides, I would recommend a physical assessment before a possible sale.

Sincerely

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I sent the photo twice Anna. My husband is quite concerned that this all might be a scam. It scared me somewhat. It's awful that there is now so much doubt about legitimate contacts.

I am still here, but In this chat there are no photos uploaded. Do you have 2 duplicate questions or have you send them true costumer service?

I can give you a general answer based on the above information if that is what you like. Ok 925 sterling silver.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Anna, I've sent another photo

Your photos does not upload here for some reason.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've sent it again. I must be sending it to the wrong address or something. I sent it to uploadjustanswer.com

Finally got it! Thank you. A silver bracelet from Mexico from around 1960-80s. A market value is approx. $100-150 depending on the weight.

I hope this information was helpful!

Facebook Marketplace, NextDoor.com, Webstore.com, Varagesale.com

GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.

I strive to always provide five-star service, please let me know if you like more information about your item. As the assessment is made online and with the reservations and uncertainty it provides, I would recommend a physical assessment before a possible sale.

Sincerely

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Anna thank you. It was good of you to be so patient. Thank you for your information. I'll pop it on the insurance I think just to be on the safe side

You are welcome. Have a nice day. Anna