GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have a Lord Kitchener poster with etchings on the surround

Customer Question

I have a Lord Kitchener poster with etchings on the surround and a copy of his letter calling up more men. The title is 5,000,000 men and at the bottom states a momentum for all time. The image around the letter depicts men signing up on one side and on the other dressed as soldiers. I have tried finding similar on line but not been successful. I think it is a post war Red Cross memorial fund poster and produced by Raphael Tuck & Sons. There appears to be a signature on the bottom left hand side that says Raphael and something else, difficult to read. Do you think it is worth gaining a further valuation?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the poster in?
Customer: it has some damp damage and paper corrosion around the edges. We found it in a cellar so has probably been in a damp environment for years.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Don’t think so.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Will this happen today?
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 19 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thank you for your help and patience,
Alina - Moderator
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is this picture good enough quality?
Rachel
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 17 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 13 days ago.

I do have some experience of war recruitment posters and adverts but no - I do not know this one. You do not give size. Could it have been removed from a book do you think. The condition is poor and lets face it - as a recruitment poster it would not have much impact. Colours were generally used to good effect.

You should send (email) your picture to

The Imperial War Museum

They are very helpful in such matters

Yes I do think that it is worthy of a little more research before deciding that it has no value. Hope that helps. Greg

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you Greg, that is really helpful.
I will try them.