ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

I have a copy of a Daily Mirror (British) dated 28/5/1953, 5

Customer Question

I have a copy of a Daily Mirror (British) dated 28/5/1953, 5 days before the Queen’s Coronation.
JA: What would you like to learn about the mirror? Do you have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: It is a Daily Mirror newspaper.i wondered if it had any value. It depicts the excitement of the nation over the coronation.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the mirror in?
Customer: Again, it is not a looking glass type mirror. It is a newspaper, The Daily Mirror
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It reports on the plans around the coronation, rehearsals, gathering of VIPs, traffic plans for the city planned street parties. It really shows the excited anticipation of the nation.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ExpertAppraiser replied 16 days ago.

Thanks! The market for these vintage Daily Mirror newspapers is a bit modest and today these May 28, 1953 full papers sell for $12 to $15 AUD!

Again, thank you and please let me know if I may be of further help with this question.