GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have two large plates that have been restored, Yes it has

I have two large plates that have been restored
JA: What would you like to learn about the plate? Does it have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: Yes it has one but I cannot make it out can I send a picture
JA: You can share photos once I've connected you to the Antiques Appraiser. Do you know how old the plate is? What condition is it in?
Customer: I know very little about them but they must of been cracked as they have been restored and now hang on a wall
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: they are quite large one is oval 55cm oval shaped and a matching one 45cm
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator

If you could forward a photo please then i will be happy to advise you. Greg

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please see photos attached
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
2
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
3
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
In work so can’t really make a call

These plates are about 120 years old. The cobalt blue and manganese colouring is typical of English decoration at that time. The means of hanging on the wall was to stick on the canvas type material and then support the plate on that. You say that there is damage and unfortunately that makes the values very low. They are purely decorative and if the canvas were soaked off I think that the structure of the plate would be at risk. They would not sell for more than £30 or so each i am afraid. Hope that helps. Greg

GregoryH46,
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That great thanks for the informative Greg