GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

Taddy clowns and circus artistes. Full set of 20 cigarette

Customer Question

Taddy clowns and circus artistes. Full set of 20 cigarette cards. Any thoughts
JA: What would you like to learn about the item? Do you know how old it is?
Customer: 1920. Value?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: very good. no creases, damage etc
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no. on the basis that the condition is very good, what is the market value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 12 days ago.

There are so many cards. Could you please forward some photos. The black and white photographic ones are popular . Is that what you have? Greg

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
These are not photographic cards which were main ly produced by Ogdens. You can view these coloured Taddy cards as reproductions on e bay. What you cannot view is the originals. !
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
any thoughts on this?

Well as it seems you are aware, even photos will not easily differentiate between originals and copies. I do not collect these things but do have two customers with internationally known collections. One has written books on the subject. Here's their advice  (which you may know of) :-

Lockdales Suffolk Ipswich

01473627110

***@******.***

OR

Warwick and Warwick

01926499031

***@******.***

It is a specialist field and their opinion will stand up to any questioning. I have consigned items to both i the past. Greg