GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have a full limoge dinner service would like to know the

I have a full limoge dinner service would like to know the value
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: Pre ww2 belonged to my French grandparents
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: Excellent
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: 8 dinner plates 6 smaller plates 1turine sauce boat with plate attached a raised cake plate and an oval dish

Limoges is of course very good quality and will have been an expensive purchase. Sadly the value will now have fallen completely away. Why?

Two reasons. Function and Form.

Function is of course the use to which it is put. Well honestly they are just not used much any more and young people don't want them.

Form is the aesthetic appeal and now that no one uses display cabinets, these items are not displayed and so they have very little use and not much visual appeal. Again young people don't want them.

I doubt that your china would reach £80/100 in a general auction. sorry to be so discouraging but we cannot fight market forces. Greg

Customer: replied 18 days ago.