GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

My partner and i have an antique german clock that fetures a

my partner and i have an antique german clock that fetures a football stadium with 3 d players and everywere we look no one seems to know anything about this item i was wondering if u could help us with information please
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the clock have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: it has a number 722 on the base ov the clock
JA: Do you know how old the clock is? What condition is it in?
Customer: its about middle 50s and its in mint condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: when my dad baught it in germany he had lot intrest in other people wanting to buy it from him we are abe to send pictures to u if u require them

Please forward one or two pictures and I will try to help. Greg

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (ZT1V7TL)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (TQPG4V1)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (MGSZSTP)

Just considering your question. I admit to not having seen this model before.Greg

Well firstly i think that the movement is pre- second world war. The case is of a similar age I would say. The moulded body of the case is mass produced and quite good quality factory made. Whilst the movement does look German, the case could be English.

The football clothes and goalkeeping cap look rather 1920s to me and i could believe that it is all from that period between the wars.

One might like to think that the colours worn by the players celebrate some famous match but I cannot work out what game that might be. Could be a famous cup tie or international perhaps.

It doesn't matter much whether the movement works well or keeps good time. These movements are easily replaced.

With a football tournament just beginning, I would enter it in an auction where i believe it would have popular appeal.

Do you know the Auction Houses in your area? I think it is an interesting object. Greg

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help.We know more than we did.