Julie
Julie, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Licensed auctioneer for 10 years. I have been buying and selling antiques for over 40 years.
28877952

I am trying to work out if this decanter is worth anything

Customer Question

I am trying to work out if this decanter is worth anything can I take a picture of it & send it to you ?
JA: You can share photos once I've connected you to the Antiques Appraiser. Does the decanter have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: I can’t find any
JA: Do you know how old the decanter is?
Customer: not a clue as it was left when my father in law died last year
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is a square very heavy decanter with a lovely flower picture on both sides but of different flowers if that makes sense
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Julie replied 13 days ago.

My name is Julie. I would like to assist you today.

Can you please upload a photo of your decanter directly into this chat area?

If you are unfamiliar, look in the chat bar for a light blue icon. This will be located just to the left of the red send button.

Upload only 1 photo at a time.

Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (PV52Z4V)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (G4VPSMP)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Julie any help would be appreciated thanks
Expert:  Julie replied 13 days ago.

Let me take a look and see if I can help.

Expert:  Julie replied 13 days ago.

This particular decanter looks like McKee glass, which is from the US. It would be valued in todays market in the 175 GBP range.

It is a lovely piece. I am hopeful it has no nicks or chips where the stopper goes in as this will affect the appraisal on this.

I welcome any follow up questions you may have on this piece. I did the conversion for you from US to GBP.

Should you have additional items to be appraised, please navigate back to the Just Answer main page, making sure you are still logged in, to ask a new question. You may feel free to ask for me by name.

You may also try this link. https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-julie/.

Best regards

Julie

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  Julie replied 13 days ago.

You are most welcome!