Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a small collection of Joy Kirton- framed portraits

Customer Question

I have a small collection of Joy Kirton-Smith framed portraits that I need to sell. Don't know where to start or how to get the best price for them.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the collection is?
Customer: Approx 20 years + old
JA: What condition is the collection in?
Customer: Excellent
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not really, all purchased from the Halycon gallery in Birmingham
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 7 days ago.

Are these prints? If so what size are these?
Glenda

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Well I don’t really know the difference between portrait and print tbh
They are limited editions of various sizes
The largest being:
A Midsummer Nights Dream which is framed at 80 x 80 cm
The others are smaller
Tempest 1 and 2
Red Ribbons 1 and 2
Fire dance 1 and 2

If they are limited Editions then they are prints, not an oil painting.

After researching I found the Joy Kirton-Smith framed portraits have an estimated value on the current market for an average of 300.00-325.00 GBP each

If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.

Etsy is a great site

There is also craigslist locally which is free. Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

.

I would be happy to help you with any additional items you may have.

( Do not add new item to this answered question, you must submit a brand new question )
.
To find me again start a new question in a separate chat write “For Glenda Only” as the first words. You can also 'favorite' me. Doing this I should show up as your personal Expert.

You can also use this link: USE THIS LINK: www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-glenda-b/?rpt=21004
.
I strive to provide the best 5 start service possible, if you have any questions feel free asking me.

Bonuses are also welcome! Many ask where to leave bonuses, adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

I hope you have a great day

Thank you for visiting Just Answer
Glenda