joannad330
joannad330,
Experience:  Expert
112148115

I have this figurine... I think it may be quite old and

I have this figurine... I think it may be quite old and think it may represent Pan... would really like to know more about it. It is about 9 cm tall.

Hello. My name is***** expert. I am happy to help you with your question.

It is usually very difficult to find the maker of unmarked porcelain or pottery. In this case, I instantly recognized the provenance and age of your figurine. It is an English Staffordshire porcelain figurine of a Pan and it was made in the late 18th century, between 1780-1790. It was just the beginning of western porcelain making, as you can see the figurine is rather "simplified" nearly "primitive" lacks details, the color palette is limited...You might be surprised to learn that this figurine has (at least) a market value of $400+. There is a large group of "early English porcelain" collectors, if you plan on selling try popular online markets such as ebay of etsy. Hope this helps!

Kind Regards. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. expert: Joanna

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you Joanna, it was good to hear the information that you have shared. I thought it was old but this has surprised me! I have some other pieces which I may submit now although perhaps not quite as old as this one. Thanks again.

My pleasure.. Please submit your new items into new chat as ths chat is completed. Many Thanks!