GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have an old singer sewing machine. It's a foot controlled

I have an old singer sewing machine. It's a foot controlled treadle. It has the original attachments box with bobbins and different attachments. I also have the original manual. It hasn't been used for many years but if serviced I see no reason why it would not be in working order. I want to sell it but am interested in having it valued. My name is*****: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the sewing machine is?
Customer: It has been in my Mother's family as long as I can remember and I am almost 69 years. The Manual says The Singer Manufacturing Co 1929
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It has the original wooden cover which was used as the seat to sit on while sewing. The wood work part of it has stains.

Well it is probably black with gold decoration. Sadly though there are still enormous numbers of these indestructible machines in existence and compared to modern computer assisted machines, they are redundant. I was doing a valuation last week and buying things for my shop. I left one of these behind because to me they are a 'white elephant' and I could buy any number of them for under £10 but they will not sell in my shop. Sorry. Greg

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks Greg. It's been more of sentimental value to me as it was my Mother's and she taught me to sew on it but it is sitting redundant in my kitchen. I will try to find a home for it. Kind Regards, Clare