GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

Have a couple of ceramic items looking to put a price on...

Have a couple of ceramic items looking to put a price on... or get rid of... there will be a couple of these.. mostly made in England.. and one or two from other locations... sorry if I'm going to fill someone's inbox.. but I suppose I need to ask would hate to get rid of something that had a history or value.. because I have no idea... this would be the first.. there are 4 of these.. they are all in good condition.. not sure what they would be used for.. and sorry about the makers mark.. the photo is best I could get.. figure they are part of a dinner service maybe.. and I'm not sure they are old at all

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi.. no, can wait a little while.. understand not much to go on... can tell you that some of them seem to also have 'England' stamped in them ... stamping is not deep at all so quite difficult to read

Most likely 1920s English pottery cereal or dessert dishes. Part of a much larger service originally. Attractive but not what young people are buying when setting up house. Hence a very modest value of say £8/10 for a set of four. hope that helps. Greg

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi there, does it make any difference that I washed them and was able to make out a makers mark of 'Burgess ware' in a circle... stamped with the word England

Don't put in a dish washer but sink washing is fine. Greg

GregoryH46,
Experience: Expert