GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

Ive just bought a collection of very old spoons which i

Customer Question

ive just bought a collection of very old spoons which i would like to get a value on
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the spoon have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: yes theyve all got crests
JA: Do you know how old the spoon is? What condition is it in?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: theres 16 in total in the collection in a wooden display case
Category: Antiques
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 9 days ago.

Your spoons are only likely t have value if they are silver so if you could please upload some photos with some marks that would help. Greg

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (VT7GPTP)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
cancel phone call please
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i cant afford 16 pounds
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
cancel phone call
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
do you need more photos
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
are you there
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
please refund my 5 pounds this is a waste of money
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 9 days ago.

No need for the phone call. Just look at all the marks on the spoons. You are looking for a lion in the hall mark or the numbers 925 or the word sterling. These would show that you have silver spoons. Even those will only be worth about £5 each and it doesn't look like you have many anyway. the non silver ones would be worth very little indeed. Maybe only 50p each. Sorry that i was called away because my wife's car wouldn't start.

You are right not to spend another £16 getting an answer and sorry if i have given you poor service. Generally customers are pleased with my responses.

By all means take photos of some marks if you think they may be silver from what I have told you. Greg