Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Welcome, I have an antique clock I guess and I would like to

Welcome, I have an antique clock I guess and I would like to got an answer is it real antique and it has any value?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the clock have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: it has a "THE BRITISH UNITED CLOCK Co LD
JA: Do you know how old the clock is? What condition is it in?
Customer: MANUFACTORY, BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND"
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: on the bottom is "PATENTS APPLIED FOR"

Hi there, my name is Glenda
.
I hope you and yours are doing well. Is it possible you can send me some images?

If so see instructions below!

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:
.
Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.
.
Use the tiny blue square with an arrow or the paper clip symbol
to browse your device for a photo. Add one at a time.

.
It might be blocked by an offer banner, close that and you'll see the blue icon.
.
It works best if you add one picture, write a word in the text area, send, then do the next photo.
.
Or the blue camera icon if you are on mobile:
.
On your phone's web browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Explorer, or Firefox) go to

www.justanswer.com> then log in>then My Questions> you will see this chat there and be able to see the photo icons

App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

.
If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
https://www.justanswer.com/help/search?f=how+to+add+photos
.
You can also call this number for help with photos 1(###) ###-####br/>.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
front of the clock
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
clock face

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
logo on the dial and handle
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (745VVG1)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I prefer typing chat

The Clock company THE BRITISH UNITED CLOCK Co LD was in Business from 1885-1905. This style is a Carriage Clock produced in 1892

The Antique Carriage Clock is valued at 350.00-375.00 GBP

If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.

Etsy is a great site.

There is also craigslist locally which is free. Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

.

I would be happy to help you with any additional items you may have.

( Do not add new item to this answered question, you must submit a brand new question )
.
To find me again start a new question in a separate chat write “For Glenda Only” as the first words. You can also 'favorite' me. Doing this I should show up as your personal Expert.

You can also use this link: USE THIS LINK: www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-glenda-b/?rpt=21004
.
I strive to provide the best 5 start service possible, if you have any questions feel free asking me.

Bonuses are also welcome! Many ask where to leave bonuses, adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

I hope you have a great day

Thank you for visiting Just Answer
Glenda

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I totally forgot. There is one important details: one of the glass is not original- probably it was broken and someone were replaced it. It is side glass. How it will be effect on a value of clock?

It will not effect the value

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm sending to you two photos:
1/ original side glass- which is bevelled glass
and 2/ replaced side glass- which is ordinary glassis that change a value of the clock?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
photo no 2: ordinary glass:

It will not effect the value