GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have 2 gold rings but cannot find who made it and where it

Customer Question

hi I have 2 gold rings but cannot find who made it and where it was made they have markings on them though
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: I dont sorry. I beleive they are vintage
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: used
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (GZL3245)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
These are CZ stones on 9k gold ring
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is 9k white gold ring with diamonds.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry the yellow gold one looks to be 18k gold
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Apologies for the pictures on the inside. I had to use a digital microscope
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 12 days ago.

It would be worth weighing the 18ct ring because then you could know the intrinsic gold value. Allow about £30 per gramme for the gold. Let me know the weight. Obviously it is worth more though for the diamonds and workmanship. It looks quite heavy. The setting of the stones is a modern style that will not appeal to everyone and the diamonds are quite small. The 9ct and CZ ring is probably worth £100/120.

Get back with your answer on the 18ct one. Greg

The 18ct is not English, looks a bit Russian and it may be difficult to establish the maker. Foreign listed goldsmiths can be hard to trace.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Apologies for the delay Gregory. It’s actually the 18k yellow gold ring that has the CZ. Gold weight approx 2.6gThe white gold 9k ring has the diamondsThanksJason