Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

This a challenge for you.. I sent this in yesterday but no

Customer Question

This a challenge for you.. I sent this in yesterday but no one seems to be able to answer it... could you turn your mind to this...its a headscratcher:
Can you tell me what this is, what you would use it for .... and does it have a value...
Its clear glass (as you can see from the photos)... completely flat on its upper side. approx 20cm across the middle.. depth of approx 10cm...inner hole dimension approx 6cm... has me completely stumped.... I've never seen anything like it.. Thought at first it might be a candle stick holder but seems to be wrong shape to trap the melting wax
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 4 days ago.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
hi there, I'm really inquisitive about this piece... now its not really the value I want to know about.. its what it would be used for that has me wondering..the value would be nice.. but its use is what has me thinking.. I cant think of any possible (practical) use for it..
Expert:  Rarewares replied 3 days ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation.
I am not able to respond after I remove myself from the request. Good luck!

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
it really does have everyone wondering... the thing that I am wondering is .. if no one can identify it.. does that make it rare... or just something that never took off..
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 2 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator