GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

Question about glassware... Have a set of crystal whisky

Hi folksQuestion about glassware... Have a set of crystal whisky tumblers, wondering about maker & value.. let me know if the photos are not clear enough

The days when lead crystal and cut glass were status symbols has long passed. These items 'lived' in china and display cabinets or on silver trays on a sideboard. I have not sold a display cabinet in over 15 years. Young people don't want them. Neither do they drink out of these old fashioned glasses.

There were many manufacturers and good glasses were very expensive.

Even if your are of the best lead crystal and cut rather than moulded glass they would struggle to make more than £5 each in auction even if perfect. There is a massive over supply of cut glass compared to the number of buyers. Sorry but none of us can beat market forces. Greg