joannad330
joannad330,
Experience:  Expert
112148115

Miss Rarewares, I have another item. It’s a very old dish,

Customer Question

Hello Miss Rarewares, I have another item. It’s a very old dish, which was given to my mother by an 88 year old around 20 years ago. The dish had belonged to her grandmother, so we estimate that it must be at least 200 years old. It came from the Isle of Barra. Would this be something you could put a value on?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thank you for your help and patience,
Alina - Moderator
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pic 1
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pic 2 inside of bowl
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pic 3 measurements
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pic 4 measurements
Expert:  Rarewares replied 7 months ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation.
I am not able to respond after I remove myself from the request. Good luck!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK thank you
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 7 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, yes I’m happy to continue to wait for another expert. Thank you.
Expert:  joannad330 replied 7 months ago.

Hi. I am happy to help you with your appraisal question. Joanna

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Joanne that’s great. Have you seen the pictures of the item?

Your little bowl is from 15th-16th century Vietnamese Hoi An Shipwreck excavation porcelain & pottery. I have a few items in my possession from Hoi An...The wreck was discovered in the early 1990s by fishermen, it had thousands of porcelain & pottery pieces, most in very good condition. Your bowl is a bit cracked but in one piece and has a decent size. Despite Hoi An`s age, because they are from Vietnam, not China or Japan they are not very valuable.  Your bowl has a market value of $400 -$500. Personally, I love Ho An porcelain and pottery and I am fascinated that this porcelain bowl was 400 years underwater. Great piece of history! Hope this helps!

Kind Regards! Joanna

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Joanne, I don’t really want to pay £16.00 for a phone call thank you. Have you seen the photos?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Joanna - I do apologise! We have a very poor WiFi connection here and so I didn’t get your message about the porcelain and only got the message about the phone call. Thank you very much for the information. Where was the shipwreck located? I’m very keen to know. Many thanks and kind regards, Deborah