joannad330
joannad330,
Experience:  Expert
112148115

I have a round metal pot on three round feet. Marked on back

Customer Question

I have a round metal pot on three round feet. Marked on back Made inEngland NESTOR . There are three decorative rams/sheep heads on the side. The metal is coper or brass I think and the metal is all hand beaten. Can you please give me and idea of how old it is and whether it is worth anything. Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 months ago.

Expert:  joannad330 replied 6 months ago.

Hello. Sorry for the wait! My name is***** am happy to help you with your appraisal question.

It is a Nestor, Made in England Arts and Crafts copper and brass bowl circa 1900. Nestor joined Arts and Crafts movement and made these beautiful hand-made, in this case, hand-hammered dishes, vases, and other items to celebrate the quality, skill, and beauty of objects that are hand-made. Arts and Crafts revolted against the industrial revolution, commercial mass production, machine-made objects that lacked quality, beauty, and soul. Your bowl comes from that movement, as I mentioned above it was hand-made, hand-hammered using basic, primitive tools and ancient techniques. It is rather an attractive dish, current market value is around: $250- $300. Hope this helps :)

Thank you for choosing Just Answer :) Kind Regards. Joanna