ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
59032044

Do you value fishing equipment, No, not sure my late husband

Do you value fishing equipment
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: No
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: not sure my late husband fished from a teenager until his late 80’s. I have two hardy rods. #10 hardy favourite graphite salmon fly rod, 15’, 47YCM, C-C-45933 and a Harry’s #6 jet fly rod. I don’t know if they have any value.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: That is as much information that I have. I think they are in reasonable condition.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have been waiting for more than an hour
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thank you for your help and patience,
Nicola – Moderator
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator

Thank you for your patience! A moderator requested that I assist. The 15' #10 Hardy graphite salmon fly rod would sell for 120 to 150 pounds while the #6 jet fly rod would sell for 80 to 120 pounds. There's a nice market for these vintage fly rods!

Again, thank you and please let me know if I may be of further help with this question.

ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser
Experience: USPAP appraiser: art, antiques, coins and collectibles.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I am pleased with the result but am not sure how to sell.

Of course, I'd reach out to: https://vintagefishingtackle.co.uk/

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your help. Have contacted vintage fishing tackle and they seem interested in my collection of rods and reels. We can close this enquiry. If I have any further enquiries I shall be happy to contact you againKind regardsPat Rhind

Thank you I will send this to customer service to close it.