Dec Arts Dictionary
Dec Arts Dictionary, Fine Art Auction Services
Experience:  Expert
110793455

I have 2 tea sets i am trying to identify, one sounds « easy

Hello I have 2 tea sets i am trying to identify, one sounds « easy » Johnson brothers royal doulton montreal
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the tea set have unique or identifying markings?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you know how old the tea set is? What condition is it in?
Customer: good condition, I’d be tempted to say 1940s
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: i have 2 different sets, the other one has no text but a sort of crown with a cross dots and an arrow
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
File attached (V5Z64SL)
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That’s the first set
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That’s the second set

Hello, I am happy to look over these images for you. The second looks like Royal Crown Derby. Let me look up the makers mark date and get back to you in due course.

The first is the Pink Roses pattern E3321. There a few variations within this pattern and was very popular at the time. This Backstamp was used 1901 - 1922. The first stamp with the crown recognising their royal warrant.

The delay in my reply is the because of the second tea / coffee set. I am struggling to work out the name of the pattern and will continue to work on it. They're early Bloor factory Crown Derby, this back stamp was used from C.1806 – 1825. Stylistically the set dates from between 1810 / 1820, the back stamp is poorly done but not unusual at this time.

Experience: Expert