Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have an old accountancy book, history of accounting and

Customer Question

I have an old accountancy book, history of accounting and accountantants. It’s on very rough edged paper and is a deluxe edition number 169 and signed by ***** ***** who edited it and partly wrote it. I’m told it’s valuable but have no idea what it may be worth
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Are the pages, cover, and spine in good condition?
Customer: yes I believe so for it’s age
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: the pages are joined together at the ends.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Photo of cover
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Signed by editor
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question

What is the exact title of the book, the author, the publisher and the publishing date. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being best what is the condition of the book?
Glenda

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
History of accounting and accoutants
Edited and partly written by ***** *****
Edinburgh is written at the bottom
Age 1905 is on the inside page
Condition I would say was maybe 8/10. The pages are a bit yellowed
It’s spine is excellent

The Book A History of Accounting and Accountants , ***** ***** has an estimated value on the current market for an average of £ 200.00-225.00. If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.

.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.
.
Etsy is a great site.
.
There is also craigslist locally which is free. Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

.
I would be happy to help you with any additional items you may have. Do not add new item to this answered question.
.
To make sure I get your NEW question, please use the "Ask me a new question" feature on your "My Questions page", or "favorite" me, which adds me to your Favorite Expert. Doing this I will be your personal Appraiser. This also will put a lock on your request allowing me to help you sooner. Write "For Glenda Only" in the title, using the official channels gives me a notification and a lock on your question.
.
Or send a new question here justanswer.com like this “For Glenda Only” as the first words.
You can also use my direct link here: www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-glenda-b/?rpt=21004 “For Glenda Only” as the first words.
.
I strive to provide the best 5 start service possible, if you have any questions feel free asking me.

Bonuses are also welcome! Many ask where to leave bonuses, adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

I hope you have a great day

Thank you for visiting Just Answer
Glenda

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks for your advice.
I’ve just paid £16 to speak to you.
Do I get a refund
Sarah

Sarah

You have to contact customer support about that. I did not send that offer it is an upsell offer by the site not the appraiser.

Email address:
*****@******.***

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription-hl

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom UK: 0-***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****