Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2021
71377891

I have Queen Victoria diamond jubilee spoons, possibly

Customer Question

I have Queen Victoria diamond jubilee spoons, possibly silver, I was wondering the value ( not for sale though)
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your question here on justanswer.com.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.
Sincerely,
Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

I will be happy to help you here. Thank you for the images.

If these are sterling silver, each spoon will have English sterling hallmarks stamped on the backside.

A sterling silver, commemorative boxed spoon set for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee celebration has a value of 145GBP - 215GBP.

If plated silver, the value is 35GBP - 70GBP for the set altogether.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks for the response is this picture better to see 8f lf they are silver?
Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

You are welcome.

The stamps on the spoon are not in focus in the image here.

I recommend setting the spoon down on a surface to take a clear, in-focus, close-up.

Regards,

Nora

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry its difficult to see on the gallery which pictures to pic x hope this is better as I don't have them with me at the minute x
Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

These are English sterling silver hallmarked; however the image is not in focus. I can only discern the anchor mark, which indicates the pieces were assayed in Birmingham.

Regards,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 days ago.

Thank you again for trusting JustAnswer with your question and for granting me the opportunity to provide you with an answer.

If you have any additional questions about your item, or need me to clarify anything, please let me know.

I will also be happy to help with more items.

You can request me by name by typing "For Nora" at the beginning of a new question and using this link:

https://justanswer.com/antiques/expert-noratreasurehuntress/

Sincerely,

Nora