GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have a Kundo electronic clock (batter operated with a

I have a Kundo electronic clock (batter operated with a pendulum) which is still working after 40 years. the house is now very quiet but the clock has a loud tick so will get rid of it but just wondered if there was any value to it.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the clock have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: On the back etched into the metal it says ‘Kleninger & Obergfull, made in (an undecipherable word) Germany, no 101 jewels, unadjusted’. Some of that is a bit of guesswork as it’s not that clear!
JA: Do you know how old the clock is?
Customer: bought it in the 70s
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Don’t think so, keeps accurate time but think I mentioned that

Please upload your photos and i will be happy to help. Greg

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (2QQ6ZV4)

Thanks for the photos. Depending upon how you might decide to sell it, I would advise a value of between about £90 and £150.

You describe it as working and presumably keeping very good time.

In a general auction sale a price below £100 would be needed to attract buyers. If you were to advertise it yourself on an internet auction site then you could set a price of over £100. Bear in mind though that the market in all old clocks is a little depressed and on internet sites there will be sellers with similar items. Hope that helps. Greg

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Many thanks for the detailed reply. Whilst I was in the process of uploading pics a valuation of £16 came up in a window so it was good to receive your last message.