Julie
Julie, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Licensed auctioneer for 10 years. I have been buying and selling antiques for over 40 years.
28877952

I have a Chinese vase, given to me some years ago, honestly

Good afternoon
JA: Hi there! How can I help?
Customer: I have a Chinese vase, given to me some years ago, honestly have no idea if as any value, can you help
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Are there any unique markings or symbols on the vase?
Customer: yes, at the bottom
JA: What condition is the vase in?
Customer: good
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: was given to me by a lady that worked in Xangai, some fifty years ago

My name is Julie.

I would like to assist you today.

Do you have a photo of the vase to upload into this chat area?

Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I do
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry, can’t use the phone, working

No worries on phone call.  Just go ahead and upload your photo.  We can take care of everything in this chat area.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Did you get the photos

yes, they just came through.  I will need a little time to take a look and do some research for you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

I have looked through every one of my databases and am unable to find a manufacturer for this vase.  It is certainly circa mid century by the looks of it.  Possibly Koyto.  I would place a value on this particular piece in the $180 range.

Is there anything else I can assist you with on this piece before I mark our chat area as completed?

Sorry, I forgot to do the conversion for you.  129GBP.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No thank
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your help, as I do not have anything else to value, can you tell me how to cancel my subscription, please

You are most welcome!!  You will need to navigate to the justanswer main page to do that.  I am an appraiser here and cannot assist in that for you unfortunately.

I strive for the highest level of customer service. If you feel I have not answered your question completely or met your needs, please continue to follow up with me so I am convinced you are completely satisfied with my service to you today.

I am hopeful this information has helped you today.

Thinking of selling? Try Let go, Etsy, E Bay, Craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace for better than normal results.

I welcome any follow up questions you may have about this original question.

Should you have other items that we need to discuss or look at, please navigate to the Just Answer main page, making sure you are still logged in, and ask a brand new question. You may feel free to ask for me by name if you wish.

I would be happy to become your personal appraiser. This way we build a good working relationship, and your questions most times get answered much more quickly. You can also put in the first few words of a new question FOR JULIE.

I am always grateful for the opportunity to further assist you whether it be for this original item you have shown me, or an future items you may wish to start new questions to show me. The main thing is to make sure you put FOR JULIE in the question line.

Best regards

Julie