Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have, I have 3 John Steeple landscape water colours all

I have
JA: What would you like to learn about the item? Do you know how old it is?
Customer: I have 3 John Steeple landscape water colours all dated 1876
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Is there any info on the back of the painting, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: Hi
JA: What condition is the painting in?
Customer: Hi
I have 3 John Steeple landscapes in watercolour. All are signed and dated 1876. I believe the paintings depict Welsh landscapes. I also have an additional watercolour landscape (l believe depicting Snowdonia) but artist and precise date unknown. All paintings are in excellent condition and professionallly framed. I am looking to sell all 4 paintings but not sure of likely value and not sure about best way to kick start the marketing process.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Size of the paintings.... Two of the Steeple paintings are 45 X 24 cm. The third Steeple is 51 X 34 cm.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Likely value and dealers in Manchester area who would be worth approaching

We are not allowed to suggest a particular person or dealer to a customer.

But if you tell me the size of these I can get you the value.

Glenda

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
2 of the John Steeple's are 45 X 24 cm. The third John Steeple is 51 X 34 cm.
The unsigned painting of Snowdonia is 67 X 35 cm. Would it help if I sent photographs?

Yes

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (772VSLZ)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (SZSPV37)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (1361Z4V)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The first 3 are the Steeple paintings. The 4th was the unsigned painting but looking more closely I wonder if there is a signature bottom right (see final photo)
Apologies for the poor quality photography and reflections off the glaas.

John Steeple's Water Colors are 45 X 24 cm -350.00-375.00 GBP, the 51 x 34 -450.00-475.00

The unsigned Snowdonia 67x35 500.00-550.00. These are nicely framed and in very good condition.

If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.
.
Etsy is a great site.
.
There is also craigslist locally which is free. Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

.
I would be happy to help you with any additional items you may have. Do not add new item to this answered question.
.
Or send a new question here justanswer.com like this “For Glenda Only” as the first words.
You can also use my direct link here: www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-glenda-b/?rpt=21004 “For Glenda Only” as the first words.
.
I strive to provide the best 5 start service possible, if you have any questions feel free asking me.

Bonuses are also welcome! Many ask where to leave bonuses, adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

I hope you have a great day

Thank you for visiting Just Answer
Glenda