Julie
Julie, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Licensed auctioneer for 10 years. I have been buying and selling antiques for over 40 years.
28877952

I have a handbag my dad kept belongs to his great

Customer Question

I have a handbag my dad kept belongs to his great grandmother and we just wondered if it was of any value
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: Well my grandmother passed 9 years ago and she was 82 is all i can tell you but i don't have the bag with me at the minute, we just came across it today and just wondered if there was somewhere online we could have it valued
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: Just needs a bit of a clean as far as i could tell
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I never checked for labels or anything so there's not much else i can tell you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Julie replied 15 days ago.

My name is Julie.  I would like to assist you today.

I will almost need to see a photo of the purse in order to appraise it.  Will you be able to do that at some point?  I will also need to know if there are any tags inside and what the tags read.

Expert:  Julie replied 13 days ago.

In general, a cloth or leather handbag that is vintage will sell in the $10 range.  If it is a top designer, that price will go up accordingly.  If it is metal mesh, and potentially a precious metal, it will need to be weighed.

I am hopeful this information has been helpful.

I strive for the highest level of customer service. If you feel I have not answered your question completely or met your needs, please continue to follow up with me so I am convinced you are completely satisfied with my service to you today.

I am hopeful this information has helped you today.

Thinking of selling? Try Let go, Etsy, E Bay, Craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace for better than normal results.

I welcome any follow up questions you may have about this original question.

Should you have other items that we need to discuss or look at, please navigate to the Just Answer main page, making sure you are still logged in, and ask a brand new question. You may feel free to ask for me by name if you wish.

I would be happy to become your personal appraiser. This way we build a good working relationship, and your questions most times get answered much more quickly. You can also put in the first few words of a new question FOR JULIE.

I am always grateful for the opportunity to further assist you whether it be for this original item you have shown me, or an future items you may wish to start new questions to show me. The main thing is to make sure you put FOR JULIE in the question line.

Best regards

Julie