Dr-Caravaggio
Dr-Caravaggio, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  Art Historian, Certified Appraiser, Curator, Fmr. Museum Director
111234466

I have an original painting by Keith Athay called Devon and

Customer Question

Hi, I have an original painting by Keith Athay called Devon and Cornwall
JA: Hi there. What would you like to learn about the painting? Is there any info on the back, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: I have the certificate somewhere. I bought the painting three years ago for £795
JA: The Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the painting in?
Customer: This is not an old painting In excellent condition
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: The artist is popular an my painting is one several he has done
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am happy to wait thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 16 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thank you for your help and patience,
Nicola – Moderator
Expert:  Dr-Caravaggio replied 15 days ago.

Hello. I’m Art & Antiques ExpertCustomerwith extensive experience in all kinds of antiques and art appraisals. I will be happy to assist you with your query.

I am referring to your question about a painting by British artist Keith Athay.

The artist's enthusiasm for watersports and love of the sea has drawn him to the Isle and Royal Manor of Portland in Dorset where he has become a welcome and recognised resident artist. Living an almost ‘off-grid’ lifestyle on his boat has provided him with the skills to venture along the coastline of the South and Southwest of England where he finds inspiration for his unique style of vintage collage paintings.

The current gallery prices for his works are starting at 995 GBP.

Reference:

https://www.whitewallgalleries.com/artists/keith-athay/originals

This can be a quite reasonable benchmark for your work.

If selling is your plan, here are a few helpful suggestions:

Besides Facebook Marketplace, there are also other suitable online classifieds markets for the private sale of antique and vintage items such as Etsy.com, eBay.co.uk and JustCollecting.com.

To save the work of selling on your own, you could go to LoveAntiques.com, Sellingantiques.co.uk, Antiques.co.uk or Vinterior.co – they are all UK-based. There you can find professional antique dealers and consign your item to them if desired.

I hope this has helped you get a better sense of your item.

Thank you very much for your consultation request.