Dr-Caravaggio
Dr-Caravaggio, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  Art Historian, Certified Appraiser, Curator, Fmr. Museum Director
111234466

My Dad passed away recently and when looking in the attic we

My Dad passed away recently and when looking in the attic we came across an oil painting, which he's had since the mid 90's. I remeber the painting from when living with my parents, it hanged on the stair landing for a number of years until they moved a couple of years ago. Originally it was given to them from my deceased uncle. Basically we have information on the painting and was wondering if has any value and if any story to go with it?
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the painting in?
Customer: Seems ok with no obvious damage
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (ZTLG375)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m happy to wait for you p to a couple of weeks. Thanks

Hello. I’m Art & Antiques Expert Caravaggio with extensive experience in all kinds of antiques and art appraisals. I will be happy to assist you with your query.

This is a circa 1970s classical oil painting depicting a fantasy landscape.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Basically not worth a huge amount and the value is just if someone likes the painting?

I've tried diligently to decipher the artist's signature but I'm afraid I could not find a match.

However, it seems this painter was not an academically trained artist. Paintings of this style and quality were produced in pretty high numbers for the market.

Nowadays such kind of works by pretty much unknown artists typically sell for around 100 to 200 pounds privately, or at some antique and vintage shops.

If selling is your plan, here are a few helpful suggestions:

Besides Facebook Marketplace, there are also other suitable online classifieds markets for the private sale of antique and vintage items such as Etsy.com, eBay.co.uk and JustCollecting.com.

I hope this has helped you get a better sense of your item.

Thank you very much for your consultation request.

Dr-Caravaggio, Certified Appraiser
Experience: Art Historian, Certified Appraiser, Curator, Fmr. Museum Director