Dr-Caravaggio
Dr-Caravaggio, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  Art Historian, Certified Appraiser, Curator, Fmr. Museum Director
111234466

I have a framed painting apparently by Pascale Maguerez.

I have a framed painting apparently by Pascale Maguerez. Frame size 48.5cm x 39.5cm; picture size 31cm x 24cm. Signature 'Maguerez. bottom centre of picture. I don't know what medium it is or whether it would be worth anything. Pictures can be sent.
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the painting is? What condition is it in?
Customer: I have a framed picture apparently by Pascale Maguerez. Frame size is 48.5cm x 39.5cm. Picture size is 31cm x 24cm. I do not know what medium the picture is in, nor whether it is worth anything. Can you help? It is in excellent condition, framed by Regent Studios, Leamington Spa.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I have some photos I can send
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
4 photos added

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m happy to wait

Hello. I’m Art & Antiques Expert Caravaggio with extensive experience in all kinds of antiques and art appraisals. I will be happy to assist you with your query.

I am referring to your question about a frame picture by contemporary artist Pascale Maguerez, who was born in 1959 in Neuilly, France.

It is a pastel depicting a female figure.

Pascale’s sensitivity of colour and the African body influenced her earlier period, we can also find this in German expressionism. Funny, sunny, full of life, and sensual.

The present work can be valued at around 300 to 400 GBP.

If selling is your plan, here are a few helpful suggestions:

Besides Facebook Marketplace, there are also other suitable online classifieds markets for the private sale of antique and vintage items such as Etsy.com, eBay.co.uk and JustCollecting.com.

I hope that I have provided you with the information you were seeking.

Thank you very much for your consultation request.

Dr-Caravaggio, Certified Appraiser
Experience: Art Historian, Certified Appraiser, Curator, Fmr. Museum Director